A Note:

My wife and I are expecting our first child. Since finding out that she is pregnant, I have been having tons of imaginary conversations with the kid. It's like there's a frantic rush to remember everything I've ever wanted to impart to a child. So, in an effort not to forget these bits of "wisdom", a blog was born.

Monday, December 14, 2009

Why Math is Important

I know. It's boring. Who cares, right? Stupid fractions!
But the thing is, you will use math often. You'll use it to figure out the tip at a restaurant (by the time you're picking up the tab, it'll probably be 75%, or, in California, double the tax), you'll use it in cooking, traveling, shopping, etc.

Do you have to be a math wizard? A veritable physicist? No. But you should know that 1/3 is bigger than 1/4.

No comments:

Post a Comment