A Note:

My wife and I are expecting our first child. Since finding out that she is pregnant, I have been having tons of imaginary conversations with the kid. It's like there's a frantic rush to remember everything I've ever wanted to impart to a child. So, in an effort not to forget these bits of "wisdom", a blog was born.

Monday, December 14, 2009

Grammar

Let's get a few things straight:
1. "Your" is possessive, as in "This is your Elmo doll, not mine."
2. "You're" is a contraction, as in "You're welcome!" It really just means "you are."

If you ever write "Your welcome" I am going to ground you for, like, a month. I have to be firm about this.

Trickier, but still required, is to understand the basic usage of "me" and "I." And most important is to know that you never add an apostrophe to "I" as in "Come on over to Mandy and I's house."

Again, if I hear this, prepare yourself for a whole lot of no TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment